An insulated garage door can create a stable, dry, warm atmosphere all year round as well as vastly increasing the security, soundproofing and sealing properties of the garage door opening from dust, vermin, leaves and rain. It will also help to save you some money on your energy bills. This is why the demand for insulated garage doors is increasing year on year as so many garages are now used for many other purposes other than storing a vehicle.
Insulated garage doors offer various advantages over standard garage doors namely:
- They allow the garage to be used for other uses – e.g. hobbies, gym, play room, office, damp proof secure storage etc. etc.
- They keep adjoining rooms and bedrooms above the garage warmer.
- They offer increased security due to thicker and stronger door construction.
- Weather stripping prevents leaves and debris blowing into the garage.
- Weather stripping stops heat loss and prevents cold air getting into the garage.
- An insulated garage door will help save on your heating bills and help the environment.
- Reduced condensation.